Show Off Your Best Work
Associated Builders and Contractors New Hampshire/Vermont Chapter invites you to showcase your company’s talent and dedication to quality, innovation and safety by entering this year’s Excellence in Construction (EIC) Awards competition! An invaluable business development tool, the EIC Awards demonstrates your company’s commitment to and achievement of the highest-quality standards. Winners will be awarded at the Excellence In Construction Awards gala on October 26, 2023 at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Downtown Manchester, NH. Click here to Register.
- Any member of the NH/VT chapter may enter their completed projects that is physically located in the New England area and completed between January 1, 2021 and January 1, 2023.
- Entries must be from a current member of ABC NH/VT Chapter.
- All ABC members applying to the Excellence in Construction competition must sign the Construction Coalition for a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Pledge at drugfreeconstruction.org in order to be eligible to compete.
- Each project may only be entered in one category.
- Each ABC member may only enter one project per category.
- Anyone applying for EIC who used a professional photographer must submit a signed photo release.
- Be sure to review the application criteria and eligibility prior to entering your submission.
Questions concerning eligibility should be directed to the ABC NH/VT Chapter by calling 603-226-4789 or emailing email@example.com.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The $375 application fee is non-refundable.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Friday, August 11, 2023: Completed applications due by 5 pm.
Friday, September 8, 2023: Winners will be notified.
Thursday, October 26, 2023: Excellence in Construction Awards gala.
Creating a Successful Entry
The scope defines the project. Be sure to include all the items outlined in the application. Use bullets to allow judges to easily learn about your project.
The narrative tells the story. Worth almost a third of the total point value, the narrative should be the highlight of the application. This is where applicants can brag about why a project is special. Obstacles that were overcome and explanations of extenuating circumstances should be communicated clearly and succinctly.
Safety is always a priority. Be sure to include the information requested in this section of the application, but also take the opportunity to describe innovative safety programs that were utilized during the project.
Remember because the judges are not able to visit your project site in person, your photographs are very important to your entry’s success. It is important to include photographs that demonstrate progress (i.e. before and after).
Take advantage of all possible points! Participating in ABC’s Safety Management System (STEP) and achieving the Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC) credential will also earn two additional points per program. Both programs include an application process so be sure to get an early start.
Judging and Winner Notifications
Judging will take place during early to mid-August and applicants will be notified of their status via email.
Please note: Judges only do site visits in the event they need additional information or projects are tied in points. Be sure to submit all detailed, relevant information in your submission for a proper score from our team of judges.
All winners will be recognized at a gala presentation to be held on Thursday, October 26, 2023 beginning at 5:00 pm at the DoubleTree by Hilton in downtown Manchester, NH.