The Future Leaders in Construction program has been developed recognizing that the future of your company and the construction industry is dependent on effective leadership.
Who is this program for?
We have a proven history: since 2007, over 350 people have graduated!
Whether in the field or in the office; from emerging leaders to seasoned professionals, FLiC is designed for anyone who wants to make a positive impact on work and in life. The shared experiences among participants from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences is one of the features that makes this program unique and impactful. This class, as is the industry, is about relationships.
- Carpenters and VP’s share ideas on conflict resolution.
- Estimators and foremen provide each other with guidance on their ROI projects.
- Technicians brainstorm listening skills with HR professionals.
- Millennials and Baby Boomers enlighten one another.
- Developing a deeper understanding of self to better understand others
- Identifying personal leadership style through a series of personal assessments including behavioral preferences (DISC), listening, conflict styles, complaining and team dynamics
- Improve communication and listening skills
- Appreciating team dynamics
- Handling difficult conversations; conflict resolution
- Utilizing and improving skills in feedback, motivation and coaching
- Staying positive during good times and bad, and helping others to do the same
- Developing a personal mission statement
- Developing/refining networking and presentation skills
- DISC behavioral preferences serves as a foundation throughout the program
- Power of Positive Leadership, Jon Gordon
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey
- No Complaining Rule, Jon Gordon
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, Patric Lencioni
Knowledge Builders and Toolbox Tips:
Participants (aka “Knowledge Builders”) accumulate, research and share a variety of resources including articles, TedTalks,and YouTube videos that they can bring back to the field or the office. Collected information will be saved on a USB drive for each participant and provided at the end of the program.
Capstone/Return-on-Investment (ROI) Project
Participants develop and pursue a ROI project that directly applies the skills they are working on real-time as the program proceeds.
What do our graduates have to say?
“FLiC taught me the importance of relationship building and how it directly impacts the work environment as well as the job at hand.”
“When I first came to this program I thought it was going to be about how to manage people. I quickly found out that it is more about learning who I am. What are my strengths, weaknesses and areas that I need to work on? You need to work on yourself before you can effectively lead others.”
Your company may be eligible for up to 50% off the cost of FLiC and other trainings.
Vermont companies learn more here: VT Training Provider Grants
New Hampshire companies learn more here: NH Job Training Funds